The Tumut Cycle Classic Terms & Conditions for Events
These Terms and Conditions are not to be altered in any way without approval of the President of Tumut Cycle Classic Incorporated to ensure that the alterations does not compliance with the required legislation such as the Australian Privacy Principles.
- The participant (Participant) in The Tumut Cycle Classic (“the Event”) is organised by the Tumut Cycle Classic Incorporated (“the Organisation”) acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Organisation and without notice to the Participant.
- I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken sufficient training for the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of Event participation.
Agreement Waiver and Indemnity
- In consideration of acceptance of my entry in the Event, I, and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators agree with each of the Indemnified Parties (as defined herein) and declare that: I hereby waive release and discharge all and every claim, right or cause of action (including for negligence, for breach of contract or breach of Statute) for which I might have or which arises out of my death, injury, damage or loss of any description which I may suffer or sustain as the result of my participation in the Event.
- This waiver release and discharge shall operate jointly and severally in favour of the Organisation and its related bodies corporate (Indemnified Parties), and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, event stakeholders, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, Event sponsors, supporters, persons, corporations, contractors, sub-contractors, volunteers, servants and employees involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, running or controlling the Event.
- I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Indemnified Parties against all actions, suits, demands, claims, proceedings, costs, expenses, liabilities and judgements whatsoever (including without limitation for negligence, breach of contract and/or breach of statute) arising out of, in connection with, or in relation to my participation in the Event. This indemnity may be pleaded as a bar to any action, claim, demand, suit or legal proceedings. The releases and indemnities in this document continue forever and bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- Only entries submitted through the official online registration system will be accepted. The information on how to enter and the details about the Event forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. The number of competitors will be strictly limited and will be decided on the basis of first received or until registrations close.
- I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Event and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the Event and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by the race committee and other persons corporations and bodies involved in promoting or staging the Event. The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life and/or any injury including without limitation any permanent injury.
- I agree to abide by all Event terms and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by Event officials and the police.
- I agree and accept that the Organisation may, at its absolute discretion, at any time and from time to time vary the rules and regulations of the Event and without prior notice to me.
- I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of Event Medical Officials in the event of any injury accident or illness to me during my participation in the Event.
- I acknowledge that I must wear any official attire and any other equipment as may be required by the Organisation
- The Organisation reserves the right, in its discretion, to reject or cancel my entry at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons, or if, in the opinion of the Organisation, I am unable to complete the Event within the cut-off times. The Organisation will not be obliged to refund any portion of the entry fee in such circumstances.
- The Organisation reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event including the date, course and location at any time and from time to time. Details of any such changes will be published via the Event website, facebook page, Event e-newsletter and/or other means. www.facebook.com/tumutride, www.tumutclassic.com.au
- I acknowledge that the Organisation or its representative may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event if in the Organisation’s sole opinion it is necessary to do so
- if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive,
- to prevent damage to any property,
- on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself and/or any other person), or
- to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- I agree that registration in the Event is personal to me and that no other person is permitted to participate in the Event in my place.
- I understand that should my contact details change after my registration is completed, it is my responsibility to notify the Event organisers.
- I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, race result, image, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or Event result, suburb and applicable age bracket in any publication and/or on the Event website) without payment or compensation.
- I acknowledge that I will write an emergency contact name and phone number in the space provided on my supplied race bib and agree that the Organisation may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them in case of an emergency.
- I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the Participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant.
- In consideration of the Event agreeing at my request to accept the entry of a minor race participant I agree for myself, the Participant, their heirs, executors and administrators to indemnify and keep indemnified the Indemnified Parties against all actions, suits, claims, proceedings, demands, cost, expenses, liabilities or judgements which the Participant and/or I may have against the Indemnified Parties but for the terms of this agreement in respect of any death, injury, damage or loss sustained by the Participant as the result of the Participant’s participation in the Event. I affirm that I have full authority on behalf of all living parents and/or guardians to grant this Indemnity and that this indemnity may be pleaded as a bar to any action claim demand suit or legal proceedings.